COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE
Individual counselling and guidance for parents/legal representatives
If you would like to benefit from personalised support for example during an individual consultation on educational matters, parents/legal representatives can contact the CDSE directly.
Here are some examples of socio-emotional difficulties that can be observed by parents/legal representatives or teachers:
A child or young person who :
- has difficulty orienting him/herself in a group setting
- overwhelmed in a group setting
- fears contact with the group
- is intrusive
- has trouble waiting his turn
- doesn't respect rules and limits
- is plaintive or anxious
- exhibits excessive aggressive behaviour
- is irritable
- can't express his own feelings
- seems not to be listening
- lack of self-confidence
- discourages quickly/does not feel up to it.
- Training for parents/legal representatives
Parents/legal representatives are constantly faced with the challenge of raising their child. Different parenting styles and a flood of information, often perceived as contradictory and confusing, make this task even more complex.
The STEP program (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting) offered by the CDSE provides a practical and immediately applicable approach.
The aim of the training is to support parents/legal representatives in raising happy, self-confident children who are able to resolve conflicts and take responsibility. Parents/legal representatives acquire the ability to adopt a loving, respectful and constant attitude towards the child in a stable family environment and a relaxed family climate.
The interactive framework (group of max. 14 participants) enables parents/legal representatives to encourage each other and share their concerns and needs.
- Counselling and guidance for professionals
With a parental consent and an agreement from the CNI, teachers, staff from SePAS, ESEB, SEA as well as professionals from the network can contact the CDSE for advice and guidance in a particular situation of a student with special social or emotional needs.